According to the data given by Wordstream, 2.3 million searches performed on Google Every second, and the majority of search results pages include Google Ads. Google ads is the most effective way of driving relevent traffic to your website or blog when people are searching for the keywords you optimized for the particular ads.
what is google ads?
The advertising platform came in october 2000 as Google Adwords, but after some rebranding in 2018, it was renamed as Google Ads. In google ads advertisers bid on specific keywords related to the business. when users searches for that keyword and the ads is visible in search engine, users click on that ad then certain amount is deducted from advertisers account and it depends upon how much the advertiser bidding on that particular keyword. This is all about what is google ads and how it works.
There are three basic types of Google Ads:
Search Network campaigns – This is text form of ads, these ads can visible on Google Search results pages when people searches for that keyword.
Display Network campaigns – It is image ads, these ads appear on websites or apps when customers visit on that site.
Video campaigns – This is video ads, these ads show right before or during the YouTube videos.
Why google Ads?
- It enables your business to be found on the google search page when your potential customers are looking for products/services that you provide.
- It not only allows you to reach people who know about your business and are actively looking for you but also allows you to reach out to customers who may know about you but may be looking for something similar.
- You can choose and optimize where you want your ads to show.
- Your Ads can help you reach out to customers in certain countries, region or cities.
- You can set and track your own goal for the business.
a.) Return on investment(ROI)
b.) Traffic to the Website.
c.) Brand Awareness.
d.) Sales and Conversions.
Features of google ads
When we talk about Features of google ads, It Provides us various features to use and time to time it announces upgrade of that feature or new feature which is relevent to the advertiser for the business growth. we are going to list some useful features which is given below:
- Image Ad Creator
- Time Lag Reporting
- Google Ads Editor
- Google Ads Scripts
- Auction Insights
- Search Terms Report
- Keyword Diagnosis
- The Home Tab
- +Broad +Match +Modifier
- Above-The-Fold CPM Bidding on the Display Network
What is CTR(click Through Rate)?
This number is the percentage of people who view your ad(impression) and then actually go on to click the ad(clicks).
Impressions: An impression is a view, when your ad loads and displays in front of a user, that is one impression.
Clicks: clicks, simply enough, is whenever a user actually clicks on your ads.
Mathematical Equation for CTR(click Through Rate)
CTR= Total clicks on ad/Total impression*100
What’s a “good” click Through Rate?
A good ads click through rate is 4 to 5% or more for the search network or 0.5 to 1% for the display network.
Factors for Quality Score of your ad:
- Your ckick through rate(CTR).
- The relevance of keyword to its and ad group.
- Landing page and quality score and relevance.
- The relevance of your ad text.
- Your historical Google ads account performance.
Introduction to keywords:
- Search Terms
The queries or the search terms that user enters into the search engine is not actually the “keyword”.
The keywords are entered into your Ad-Group, which works with google system as which queries/search terms are going to Trigger your ads.
Keywords are something on which bidding done. keywords are something that are into auction.
- volume estimates- per month/per day/ per year.
- Cost estimates- Monetary value of keywords.
Note:- Different match types can cost differently for keywords.
- Also try to figure out buyers journey. Every purchase in this universe go with the buyers funnel.
- Competitive Analysis- Tools and scripts.
- Google keyword planner.
- Google suggestions/ Auto complete.
- competitors research tools.
- try to figure out searchers intent- try identity how actually they are interacting with the search engines.
- Understanding what group of keywords/ad groups are going for what kind of bidding strategy.
- Picking keywords becomes important at this point because if you are having thin or small budget you can’t bid on all the keywords that you want to.
- Here R&D start working. Because you have developed some of the Ad-groups from before steps.
Note:- There might be different competitors for different campaigns and as well as there might be different competitors at different level too.
How to Use Google AdWords for Your Business
Every marketer wants to reach the first page of Google search results. Trying to reach the first page, with the help of SEO may take months or even a year. people want to run google ads to achieve quick result. Google AdWords is advertising platform of google that allows businesses to display their ads on Google’s search result pages. The ads visible at the top or bottom of a Google SERPs.